Saturday, August 11, 2012

Mini retro album

I finally finished my mini retro album, and as you'll see, it's not so min This is a class that I did with Kathy, at paper phenomenons, ustream classes. The paper line reminds me of the early 80s, and the fabric that I had used while making my children's clothing, and on the front, One of the stickers that came with the paper line was a cloths line . This I had to use as it reminded me of the time with no working washer and dryer, I would wash their clothing in the bathtub and line dry them. Then after both children outgrew the clothing I would take the fabric and put it into a quilt.
So here are the pictures and I hope you like it.



The page on the left is the last page that I
matted and I ran out of larger pieces of paper. I just sort of quilted it together,
   sort of  in a nine patch, all the white matting is where the pictures will go .


 on this one I cut out along the Chevron , glued the top part onto the page and only the edges of the outer and bottom sides. This way I have a large mat that I can slide in and out of the Chevron.






This page had a full sheet of notebook looking paper , and I used it plain so that journaling could go on the whole sheet. Now the quilt that I made out of the children's cloths is falling apart, because it was used clothing material , and I'm going to cut it down and make two teddy bears out of the quilt, and give one to each daughter, now I need to find more this paper, and make another album for the other daughter .

No comments:

Post a Comment