Thursday, May 2, 2013

Another tutu

Hey everyone got another tutu done.
 If you're wondering where I get my inspiration for these, the lady over at Kell Belle,

http://www.kellbellestudio.blogspot.com/
 
has a corset diaries going on this year, and she gives you the patterns for the bodice.
While these corset diaries corsets, are gorgeous they are also basically flat paper items .  She does show you that she's made a 3-D corset , but doesn't show you how to do it .I have used her patterns added a side panel to them, to make a form. And over this form I make the papier-mâché  bodice .
 which I then cut off the form,and then in this way I can reuse the form.
While hers are all basically paper , . The only part  of mine that is paper, is the bodice and then I use ribbons, and tulle, and lace . . Basically I make it my own .
 Also instead of just posting regular pictures , I took my pictures into creative suite, and there did a little fussy background with them , so I hope you like it and here's my pictures .

 
Here she is
The front view.
 I think I will call this one
Willow Fae.
 she is decked out with the papier-mâché bodice of ,   
 ivy green, being the upper part, with a mauve under bust, then over these colors are rubbings of perfect pearls copper dust . She has a chocolate tulle skirt, with a mauve floral ribbon, below the waistline, and as the shoulder strap . She also has 2 wild orchid miniature roses, at the center front waistline . . At the very top of the under bust is a row of mauve liquid pearls.
( by the way the hanger is a Kell Belle project, she has the tutorial on her site .)

 
 Okay here's the back view
 I have the bodice being laced from the top to the middle, and from the bottom to the middle so the bow is in the center of the bodice.
 I used seam binding that I colored with sugar Maple and vintage pink glimmer mist .

 
 this is a side view just showing how dimensional this tutu is . 
The bodice itself is 3 inches high, and the overall tutu, from the top of the straps to the bottom of the tulle measures 10 inches.. So this is pretty good-sized.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment